If the carrier fails to deliver the goods to the location provided on the consignment note, in the same condition that the goods were delivered to the carrier, they will pay you the value of the goods of the same age and condition or the reasonable cost of repair of the goods.
Liability is limited to the amount you have provided to us in the "value of goods" field and is subject to a maximum amount. You cannot claim for any consequential loss.
FreightExchange insurance is underwritten by QBE.
- Where the items are insufficiently packaged for transit
- Furniture or household goods with any dimension greater than 1 metre that is not packaged on a pallet or skid
- The first amount (excess) of any claim as specified in the Policy Schedule
- Loss or damage caused by delay
- Loss or damage caused by your misconduct, or intentionally caused by you or any person acting with your expressed or implied consent
- Loss or damage caused by ordinary wear and tear
- Loss or damage caused by the nature of the property (eg. metal rusting)
- Loss or damage caused by moths, insects, rats or other vermin
- Loss of use of your property or any other form of consequential loss
- Reduction in value of the insured property due to repairs
- Loss or damage caused by legal seizure of your property
- Loss or damage existing prior to this insurance being taken out
- Loss or damage arising out of nuclear or atomic contamination
- Electrical and/or mechanical and/or electronic failure unless it is caused by visible external physical damage to the item
- Loss or damage caused by mould or mildew due climatic or atmospheric conditions or extremes in temperature
We will not cover shipments that contain any of the following items:
- Alcohol (beer, wine or spirits) with a value in excess of $1,000
- Animals, animal products, animal skins
- Fur(s), ivory, endangered animal products
- Antiques, fine art or works of art
- Collectibles and/or irreplaceable items
- Any item worth more than its original purchase price or that is not commonly available
- Currency or negotiable instruments
- Dangerous goods, hazardous or combustible materials
- Aerosols & perfumes
- Flammable liquids, petrol, lighter fluid, flammable solids, non-safety matches
- Gases, mace, camping gas, oxidizers, bleach, poisons, pesticides, corrosives, car batteries, lithium batteries, mercury
- Drugs / Narcotics (illegal) and pharmaceutical products
- Detonators, fuses, grenades, mines and explosives, fireworks & flares
- Firearms, parts thereof and ammunition
- Human remains (including ashes)
- Industrial diamonds or carbons
- Medical samples
- Diagnostic specimens, blood, urine, bodily fluids, tissue samples
- Flowers, dry ice, foodstuffs, items requiring temperature control or special handling, plants
- Plant products and plants
- Cotton, seeds, teas, tobacco
- Precious & semi-precious stones (including jewellery)
- Watches & costume jewellery
You must take all reasonable precautions to prevent loss or damage to the goods insured in transit. This includes packing goods so that they can withstand being dropped or tipped over, being impacted by other heavy items whilst in transit, being fork-lifted on and off vehicles.
An excess of $100 applies to all claims except for electrical items, in which case a $250 excess applies to all claims.
If the goods have not been delivered, or they have been damaged in transit please notify us immediately via email or by calling us on 02 8007 4378.
You will then need to provide us with the following supporting documentation:
- A copy of the consignment note.
- Delivery docket or packing list, which has been endorsed by the receiver at the time of delivery as "package received damaged" and co-signed by the delivery driver. This document is proof of damage at the time of delivery.
- a) Lost in transit item(s): A commercial sales invoice, purchase invoice or an equivalent verifiable document substantiating the value of item(s) lost in transit must be submitted to demonstrate the value of such item(s) at the time of loss.
- b) Damaged in transit item(s): A written repair / replacement quote must be submitted to demonstrate the value of item(s) damaged or if a total loss, at the time of loss.
- A clear coloured photographs of the condition in which the goods were sent.
- A clear coloured photographs of condition in which they arrived. Photographs must clearly highlight the damaged item(s).
- For items which are lost in transit, the client has strictly 7 business days to report the loss, from the date which the client becomes aware of the loss.
- If a consignment is received damaged, but damage is not apparent at the time of delivery, then the client has strictly 7 business days to report such damage.
Absolutely no consideration whatsoever will be given to damaged / lost items where the loss is notified more than 7 business days after delivery.
Claims are submitted on the 5th of each month. Claims payments are processed on the 15th of each month.